The goal of the data protection policy is to depict the legal data protection aspects in one summarising document. It can also be used as the basis for statutory data protection inspections, e.g. by the customer within the scope of commissioned processing. This is not only to ensure compliance with the European General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and Data protection Act (DPA) 2018 but also to provide proof of compliance.
You can also find information on the rights you have to manage your data.
- Who we are
- The Data Controller
- Your rights
- The General Data Regulation (GDPR)
- How we collect data and use your information
- Contacting us about your data
Who we are.
We are SJI Properties Ltd (“we”, “us” or “our”).
The following Policy sets out how we will use and protect your personal data. We are committed to protecting your information and ensure that all policies and procedures followed are done so in accordance with the principles of the Data Protection Legislation.
We are the Data Controller
The name of the organisation responsible as the Data Controller
“data controller” means a person who (either alone or jointly or in common with other persons) determines the purposes for which and the manner in which any personal data are, or are to be processed
How we collect and use your information
When you register your Personal information (name, address, email & contact number) with us through our website, your information will only be used to contact you with properties that fall within the requirements you have given and to arrange viewings if required. Your details will remain on our system until you contact us (see our contacts page) asking us to remove your details or after 3 months whichever happens first.
Residential Sales & Surveys
We only use personal information where we are allowed to by law e.g. for the Performance of a Contract, Legal Requirements and Legitimate Interests. This data will be kept for a period of not less than seven years as it may be required to refer to at a later date.
Performance of a Contract – This covers much of the data processing that we carry out providing the services of SJI Properties Ltd.
Legal Requirement – There is data that we are required to hold so that we can lawfully process information e.g. money laundering regulations.
Legitimate Interests such as ..
- Accurate and kept up-to-date
- Seeing references which were provided to us.
- Disclosing details tracing agent or debt collector to help them recover money owed.
- Processed by the company within its legal and moral boundaries
If you are contacting us for the purpose of employment we will collect your information on the basis of your consent. The Personal Data we will collect will include your name, address telephone number, email address and employment history.
As part of the recruitment process you may be asked to provide sensitive information for the purposes of equal opportunities and employment back ground checks. Supply sensitive information for equal opportunities is entirely optional, however for the purpose of the employment back ground checks we will need to collect the sensitive information with your explicit consent.
Further details on how we will use your information when in employment, will be provided to you in your contract of employment and supporting company policies.
We will not use your information for marketing purposes unless you have agreed that it is okay to do so.
You have a number of Rights relating to your information e.g. to see what we hold, ask us to update incorrect or incomplete details, to object to or restrict the processing or to make a complaint.
- At any time, you can request a copy of all personal data held by SJI Properties Ltd, along with details of the processing undertaken and any 3rd Parties with whom the data is shared with. This information will be provided to you free of charge and within a month of the request being received.
- Should we, at any time, process data which is incorrect, you have the right to request this to be rectified free of charge and within a month of the request being received. Where the date has been shared with 3rd parties we will take the appropriate steps to ensure they are updated with the correct information.
- Where you have provided your personal data on the basis of consent, you can withdraw this consent at any time. Where you withdraw your consent and there is no lawful basis to continue processing your data we will cease the processing immediately.
Should you have any queries, concerns or even complaints, about how we have processed your information you can raise these directly with us using any of the following methods …
Post: SJI Properties Ltd 21 Farnsworth Avenue, Mansfield, Nottinghamshire NG210EN.
Any complaints raised will be investigated thoroughly and a response provided to you. If you remain unhappy with the outcome of your complaint you have the right to raise this further with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO – www.ico.org.uk). The ICO can be contacted via any of the following methods
Post: ICO, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilnslow, Cheshire. SK9 5AF
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
To finds out more about the GDPR, follow the link below to read the guidelines and information published by the ICO …
GDPR Guide to Individual Rights
Guide to GDPR
Effective from 1st October 2021
Last updated 1st October 2021
This policy sets out the different areas where user privacy is concerned and outlines the obligations & requirements of the users, the website and website owners. Furthermore, the way this website processes, stores and protects user data and information will also be detailed within this policy.
This policy covers all data that is shared by a visitor with us whether directly via swornandco.com or via email. This policy provides an explanation as to what happens to any personal data that you share with us, or that we collect from you either directly via this Website or via email. For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 our data controller is Steve Iberle. For any enquiries or requests regarding data collection please email firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following information about you:
a) Information you provide to us:
You may provide us with information by filling in forms on our website(s) or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you use the ‘Contact’ form you report a problem with our site.
b) Information we may collect about you:
When you visit our website(s) we may automatically collect and process details of your visits to our Website and the resources that you access including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblog statistics and other communication data. This data is used and kept for statistical purposes.
We may also collect data about the device you are using to access our website. This data may include the device type, operation system, unique device identifiers, device settings and geolocation data. What we collect can depend on the individual settings of your device and software. We recommend checking the polices of your device manufacturer or software provider to learn what information they make available to us.
‘Cookies’ are small pieces of information sent by an organisation to your computer and stored on your hard drive to allow that website to recognise you when you visit.
Your browser or device may offer settings that allow you to choose whether browser cookies are set and to delete them. For more information about these controls, visit your browser or device’s help material.
3. Information we receive from other sources
We use third party vendors and hosting partners to provide the necessary equipment required to run the service and may receive information about you from them. Specifically: Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google Analytics. This may be combined with other information you provide to us, as described above.
4. How is your information used?
We may use your information to help fulfil our services, to:
- Provide you with information requested from us relating to our products or services and to provide information on other products which we feel may be of interest to you if you have consented to receive such information.
- To meet our contractual commitments to you.
- To notify you about any changes to our Website, such as improvements or service/product changes, that may affect our service.
- If you are an existing customer, we may contact you with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous transaction to you.
We may use your information for marketing, to:
- Measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you, which may be based on your activity on our website; and
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them, which may be based on your activity on our website.
- Storing your personal information
SJI Properties Ltd collects data and stores it. We review our retention periods for personal information on a regular basis. We will hold your personal information on our systems for as long as is necessary for the relevant activity, or as long as is set out in any relevant contract you hold with us.
6. Your rights
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal information for marketing purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking or unchecking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at email@example.com
7. Access to information
The Data Protection Act 1998 gives you the right to access the information that we hold about you. Please note that any demand for access may be subject to payment of a fee of £10 which covers our costs in providing you with the information requested. Should you wish to receive details that we hold about you please contact us using the contact details below.
- Third party links
You might find links to third party websites on our Website. These websites should have their own privacy policies which you should check. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for their policies whatsoever as we have no control over them.
9. Contacting us
We welcome any queries, comments or requests you may have regarding this policy please do not hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Last Updated 1st October 2021
A policy to be reviewed regularly (minimum period of every 3 years)